This is the monocoque frame designed for the advanced amateur cyclist, with the possibility of internal cable routing in case of assembly with electronic shifters. Thanks to a specific kit of CNC aluminium parts including the cables stoppers and perforated plates, depending on whether a traditional mechanical or new electronic group is used, it is very easy to set up the frame both electronic or mechanical version.
- The new oversize head tube 1-1/8” - 1-1/4” increases the stiffness of the front part of the frame.
- Internal routing for the rear brake cable.
- The section of the tubes of the Saetta Radical Plus increases according with the size of the frame, to optimize weight: bigger sizes are made with thicker tubes.
- The top tube has a particular shaped section (Skeletal Efficiency Philosophy): reinforced at the edges it gets thinner at the central part, like the bones of a human skeleton. Another example of efficiency, to reduce weight without altering strength.
- The curvature of the rear seatstays continues in the top tube, granting continuity to the carbon fibers, improving lamination and achieving the Progressive Flexion Control for a more fluid, safe cycling.
- The shape of the joints, the zones of the frame subjected to the largest strains, is dimensioned to minimize specific force (Low Sigma Transition), extending the life and increasing the reliability of the frame.
- The Columbus monocoque fork, made with 700HM carbon fiber and measuring 1-1/4”, guarantees excellent steering with an extremely low weight.
This is a 2016 model, please request an offer first to see whether your disired size/color is available!